The best way to avoid soy and eliminate it from your diet is to eat fresh whole foods. Read the labels on other products you buy. This week's newsletter will be on soy, so be sure and subscribe at The Natural Living Site for the newsletter if you haven't already!
Here is an article by Dianne Gregg on symptoms of soy intolerance.
By Dianne Gregg
The most common allergies people suffer are Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Soy, Tree Nuts, Fish, Shellfish, and Wheat. Proteins in these eight major foods are estimated to cause 90 percent of the allergic reactions in the United States. Of all of these, Soy is one of the most under diagnosed.
Do you have an allergy to soy? Below is a list of seven symptoms of soy intolerance provided by Food Allergy Network:
1. Vomiting, nausea, bloating, cramps, diarrhea,.
2. Difficulty breathing, speaking or a drop in blood pressure. (Dianne blood pressure does not seem to go with the other two here)
3. Heart palpitations, loss of consciousness.
4. Anxiety, faintness, distress.
5. Hives or a rash, red and itchy skin, flushed face,.
6. Swelling of the eyes, face, lips, throat, and tongue.
7. Weakness, paleness, or sense of doom. (sense of doom does not seem to go here and I think makes you look like a crackpot J
Unfortunately for me, I had most of the symptoms of soy allergy. Mine was so serious that I eventually went into anaphylactic shock. Because doctors thought my symptoms were related to menopause, it took eight years to develop a full-blown attack and to diagnose the problem.
For a detailed list of foods containing hidden soy go to: http://www.hiddensoy.com/yahoogroups.com
Dianne Gregg, author of "The Hidden Dangers of Soy" decided to write this book after developing a severe allergy to soy and nearly dying. She has done extensive research on this subject and wants to share this crucial information with others.
To claim your free chapter of The Hidden Dangers of Soy (including) soy free recipes. http://www.hiddensoy.com/soy-health-risks.php
Listen to Dianne on the radio Tuesdays, 4pm - 5pm EST interviewing experts in the health and wellness industry.