Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Healthy Fats

Some may wonder why I use lard, butter and bacon grease. These are fats our ancestors have always used and are far healthier than margarine that was "invented" in the last 100 years. A little known fact is that heart attacks became more prevalent after margarine was introduced into our diets. Read Sally Fallon's book "Nourishing Traditions", Weston Price's book "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" for more in depth information. I am now experimenting with coconut oil and so far I like the taste of it. I will comment more on it after I have used it for awhile. One thing I have noticed is that my skin is already softer just from taking 2-4 Tablespoons of coconut oil a day before meals. I'll be covering more about fats in my upcoming newsletter. If you haven't subscribed yet, you can go to The Natural Living Site to sign up for my free weekly newsletter

No comments: