Thursday, December 18, 2008

So Much to Learn

I am digging into the research I found for my upcoming e-book and finding so many interesting things. I thought I would share a bit of what I've learned so far and what I plan to learn.

Mullein helps with draining lymph glands and is good for the lungs. It came up the most in my research for helping with lung conditions during a cold or flu. I used mullein tincture when I had gum infections by putting some on a cotton ball and rubbing it all over the front and back of my neck where the glands are prone to become swollen (which really means they are clogged with toxins). My glands would clear up overnight when I did this and help move that infection out.

Among the folk remedies were some tried and true herbal remedies that kept coming up. I'm more determined now to learn more about growing my own herbs and making tinctures, salves and always more teas. My intuition and the experience of others has reinforced my belief that food should be our medicine, and medicine our food. When you first come down with the cold or flu, chicken soup still ranks at the top for medicinal food.

No comments: