Thursday, February 5, 2009

Italian Salad Dressing

The other day I discovered Italian Salad Dressing. I say discovered because I have always been a Ranch fan and have been staying away from all dressings lately because of the soy and canola oil that is used.

I wanted to try an enchilada casserole recipe in a magazine and one of the ingredients was Italian Salad Dressing. I went to the store to see if there were any brands that I would want to try. I found a do-it-yoursef kit by Good Seasons. It came with the cruet (glass bottle) and 2 seasoning packets. Everything else you add: the vinegar, water, and oil.

I took it home and made it with the Bragg Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, water and olive oil that I already had in my pantry. This was the best dressing I have tasted in a long time. The enchilada casserole turned out great. I also used it on a salad for lunch and then on baked potato wedges last night. I couldn't get enough of it, so I knew I needed the nutrients that were in the apple cider vinegar and the spices. When I get time I will get my own spices to match what was in the packet and be able to avoid the additives and preservatives.

No comments: